To meet the needs of marketers at a critical inflection point for the industry, Disney is delivering on its promise to power impact and performance for brands.
- Disney has been at the forefront of measurement innovation as a first mover in industrywide Alpha tests like Nielsen One and by enabling first-party measurement through a direct integration to Disney’s Audience Graph leveraging Clean Room technology.
- Recognizing that advertisers are seeking consistent and comprehensive insights that transcend all screens and platforms, Disney is setting the stage for currency-grade measurement at scale.
- As part of its strategy in measurement excellence, Disney has named Eric Cavanaugh, most recently SVP of audience and consumer intelligence at a major media agency, as VP of measurement transformation and insights for Disney Advertising, bringing expertise across all categories to service the needs of all holdco’s at a time of rapid redefining of measurement and currency.
The Proof Is In The Results: Delivering Reach, And Precision
- Disney is building on a multi-year relationship with Samba TV to determine true reach and frequency across all screens.
- Over the last year, Disney embarked on a 100 advertiser meta-analysis study with Samba TV, utilizing the company’s proprietary first-party measurement insights across both linear and streaming, to prove the effectiveness of Disney’s diverse portfolio in driving reach faster – and at a lower frequency – than the competitive set.
- Based on initial results, campaigns delivered as much as 56% incremental reach in certain use cases, meaning that more than half of households that saw an ad through Disney’s Addressable footprint, didn’t see the same ad in Linear.
- De-duplicating audiences to drive incremental reach, also drives better outcomes. One CPG client in the meta-analysis study added 34% incremental reach to linear by activating against Disney’s CTV footprint, and 82% of CTV reach was from light TV viewers. Disney’s relationship with Samba TV has established the new benchmark by which advertising effectiveness is being measured today.
“Disney continues to lead the industry in the use of TV data to enable a far more insights-driven future for measurement. Many legacy, linear TV first measurement providers underrepresent the proliferation of streaming that has become so dominant in the last decade. Samba TV’s methodology is differentiated because our data and methodology stems from connected devices that also integrate other platforms. Our collaboration with Disney continues to future-proof advertising for the next generation multi-currency world, empowering advertisers to measure their effectiveness on any Disney platform, across every screen.” -- Ashwin Navin, Founder and CEO, Samba TV