Main Card features Conor McGregor vs. Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone and Holly Holm vs. Raquel Pennington 2
Exclusively on ESPN+ PPV: Main Card starts at 10 p.m. ET
Early Prelims at 6:15 p.m. ET on ESPN+, Prelims at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN and ESPN Deportes (in Spanish)
Extensive week-long coverage highlighted by a live one-hour UFC 246 Pre-Show on ABC at 2 p.m. ET
ESPN+ available on the ESPN App, ESPN.com and connected TV devices. To subscribe, visit www.espnplus.com/ufc
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cowboy streams exclusively on ESPN+ PPV on Sat., Jan. 18, at 10 p.m. ET from the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, marking the one-year anniversary of UFC on ESPN+ and ESPN. UFC’s first card of the year features its biggest star, two-division champion Conor McGregor (21-4), making his long-awaited and highly-anticipated return to the Octagon in a marquee welterweight main event against UFC’s all-time leader in wins and finishes, Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone (36-13,NC). In the co-main event, former champion and current No. 3-ranked bantamweight Holly Holm (12-5) will face No. 5-ranked Raquel Pennington (10-7) in a rematch of Holm’s 2015 UFC debut.
Arguably the biggest star in mixed martial arts’ history, McGregor returns to the Octagon after a 15-month layoff. The former UFC Featherweight and Lightweight champion, he enters the Octagon with a record of 21 wins and 4 losses. The first simultaneous two-belt champion in UFC history, McGregor has had spectacular wins over Nate Diaz, Chad Mendes, Max Holloway and Dustin Poirier in addition to championship victories over Jose Aldo and Eddie Alvarez.
A perennial fan favorite, and one of the most exciting fighters in mixed martial arts, Cowboy Cerrone enters the biggest fight of his career with the record for most wins and finishes in UFC’s history, with 23 and 16, respectively. A former lightweight title challenger, Cerrone has delivered thrilling victories over former UFC champions Benson Henderson and Eddie Alvarez as well as Al Iaquinta, Edson Barboza, Mike Perry and Matt Brown.
In the co-main, former UFC women’s bantamweight champion Holm, returns for a rematch of her UFC debut and victory, in 2015, against Pennington. Holm looks for a win following a title-challenge TKO loss against current bantamweight and featherweight champion Amanda Nunes at UFC 239 (July 2019). Pennington, who has won five out of her last seven fights, looks for a second-straight victory following a split decision win against Irene Aldana during UFC San Antonio (July 2019).
ESPN will cover UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cowboy from site, with shows originating from numerous locations in Las Vegas, starting Wed., Jan. 15.
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cowboy Original Content:
- UFC 246 Countdown: McGregor vs Cowboy, giving fans a behind-the-scenes look at the training camps for McGregor, Cerrone, and former UFC Lightweight Champion Anthony Pettis.
- Unlocking Victory: UFC 246 the latest episode of Unlocking Victory airing Tue., Jan. 14 at 2:30 a.m. ET on ESPN2.
- UFC 246 Embedded: an all access, behind-the-scenes, six-episode docuseries that follows McGregor, Cerrone and more, as UFC 246 fight night nears – weigh-ins, run-ins, downtime and all.
- Exclusive long-form interviews with McGregor in Las Vegas by Ariel Helwani, and Cerrone by Brett Okamoto (out today).
UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cowboy Fight week News and Information Shows
- Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show (Mon. on ESPN MMA YouTube channel): Show will preview UFC 246, feature Helwani’s exclusive interview with McGregor, interviews with coaches from both camps, and much more.
- Ariel & the Bad Guy (Wed. exclusively on ESPN+, from Caesars Palace): The best insider in the sport, Ariel Helwani, and best personality in the sport, Chael Sonnen, break down UFC 246.
- SportsCenter (Wed-Fri, from Caesars Palace and Beer Park): ESPN’s flagship news and information program will feature live segments with contributions from Michael Eaves and Chael Sonnen.
- Daily Wager (Wed-Fri., 6 p.m. ET on ESPNEWS, Caesars Palace and Beer Park): ESPN’s sports betting news and information program, will air feature live segments by Sonnen and Michael Bisping.
- UFC Live (Fri., 5:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2, from Pearl Theater at Palms Casino): The weekly 30-minute show will present fans with exclusive takes on the biggest news, stars and stories tailored to UFC 246.
- UFC 246 Pre-Show (Fri., 7:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+, from Pearl Theater at Palms Casino)
- Other programming: Get Up! and First Take will air live segments from Las Vegas starting Thu., Jan. 16.
- From Ariel Helwani: A discussion about life and career with Conor McGregor
- From Brett Okamoto: Donald Cerrone’s thoughts ahead of the one of the biggest fights of his career
- A look at Conor McGregor’s journey in the combat sports world
- There's a lot of scars, bruises and damage taken throughout a MMA career. We tell the story of Cerrone though the athlete’s body.
- Raimondi: MMA insiders evaluate and predict McGregor-Cerrone
- UFC 246: Conor McGregor vs. Donald 'Cowboy' Cerrone -- how to watch, plus full analysis
- MMA Fightcenter: live statistics and fighter profile cards
- UFC on ESPN full schedule
Fans can sign-up for ESPN+ at any time at ESPNPlus.com, ESPN.com or on the ESPN App for $4.99 per month or $49.99 per year.