Men’s FA Cup Final in English and Spanish on ESPN+ on Sat, May 14
Women’s FA Cup Final in English and Spanish on ESPN+ on Sun, May 15
Subscribe to ESPN+ at ESPN.com, ESPNPlus.com and on the ESPN App
Liverpool’s three-time FA Cup winner Steve Nicol and Chelsea’s 1997 FA Cup champion Craig Burley will headline ESPN FC’s studio coverage of the 141st Men’s FA Cup Final on Saturday, beginning at 11 a.m. ET from historic Wembley Stadium in London, exclusively on ESPN+. Dan Thomas will host.
The 2022 Emirates FA Cup Final pits Nicol's and Burley’s respective teams – Liverpool FC vs. Chelsea FC – in their fourth and penultimate matchup in the season. Their three previous games ended in ties, highlighted by the Carabao Cup Final on February 27, a pulsating 11-10 penalty shootout victory for Liverpool following a 0-0 score in regulation.
One day later, on Sunday May 15, the Women go head-to-head as current FAWSL table leaders Chelsea FC clash with Manchester City in the Women’s FA Cup Final at 9:20 a.m. ET.
ESPN+ is exclusively presenting English and Spanish coverage of both the Men’s and Women’s FA Cup Finals, the oldest and longest-running domestic cup competition in global football.
ESPN FC at FA Cup Final
ESPN FC, the daily soccer news highlights, analysis and information program exclusive to ESPN+, will present the Men’s FA Cup Final preview show Saturday, May 14, with host Dan Thomas and analysts and Liverpool legend Steve Nicol and former Chelsea midfielder Craig Burley from the Bristol, Conn. studio. ESPN reporters Alexis Nunes, Don Hutchison and Nedum Onuoah, who spent most of his career in the English Premier League, will report and update from the pitch.
*subject to change
2022 FA Cup Final storylines:
● This will be the 4th time Chelsea FC and Liverpool FC meet across all competitions this season. All three of the previous meetings between the clubs this season have ended in draws. This includes the final of the Carabao Cup, which Liverpool won in penalties after play finished level at 0-0.
● This is the second time that Chelsea and Liverpool have met in the FA Cup Final. The previous time was in 2012, when Chelsea defeated Liverpool, 2-1. Of the 22 starters from that game, only one still plays for their respective club: Liverpool’s Jordan Henderson.
● This is the second time that the same two teams have faced off in both the FA Cup Final and the League Cup Final in the same season.
● Thomas Tuchel (CHEL) and Jurgen Klopp (LIV) are the first pair of German managers to meet in the FA Cup Final. The winner will become the first German manager to lift the trophy in FA Cup history.
SOCCER ON ESPN.COM
• Liverpool vs. Chelsea FA Cup final preview: 6 key questions for Saturday's game (Exclusive Content)
• Post-match reaction from Mark Ogden and Rob Dawson from Wembley Stadium in London
• Big questions heading into the Chelsea-City final from Sophie Lawson, Kathleen McNamee and Tom Hamilton
• Sophie Lawson's post-match reaction and analysis from Wembley Stadium in London
SOCCER EN ESPAÑOL
• Lo mejor del futbol: Cómo ver la Final de la FA Cup por ESPN+ (Contenido Exclusivo)
• FA Cup video analysis from Manu Martin
Click here for weekly schedule of all soccer matches on ESPN platforms.